Your decisions may
change the world
Improve your health,
and environment for a
A sustainable food system allows us to take care of people, the territory and the environment.
What can you do?
First of all, follow a healthy diet and take care of yourself! Eat more fruit and vegetables, less sugar, salt and fats. And think about the environmental impact of your diet.
- Plan your menus, adjust portions and cook for several days. You will save money and you will reduce food waste
- Make use of leftovers
- Reduce animal protein in your diet.
In the restaurant, at school, in the hospital or at work
- Ask about the origin of ingredients and ask your superiors to offer local and organic products.
- Don’t forget vending machines: request to have healthy options included.
- Look for fresh, seasonal and local products. Choose those that come from organic or sustainable fish farms.
- Choose businesses that support small local producers.
- Shop in your neighborhood and avoid using the car.
- Look for fair trade products and those that promote decent wages.
In the street
- Get involved! From organizations to urban gardens to consumer groups, there are many initiatives around you to build a system in which sustainable food becomes a reality.